Authorities say one man got into the dryer to free an item that was jammed and he was overcome by the heat. A second man went in to rescue him and he also was overcome. A third employee called for help.
Authorities say the two men were working in a Carolinas Medical Center laundry facility around 1:15 a.m. Thursday.
Charlotte fire officials say it took about 30 firefighters a half-hour to free the men. Firefighters say they were being cautious in case any hazardous material were around to make matters worse.
The two men were taken to the hospital for treatment and were expected to recover.