Fire damages home after party

Overbrook - September 4, 2010

Fire swept through a home at 65th Street and Lansdowne Avenue in Overbrook early Saturday morning.

The homeowner says his wife smelled smoke as they were cleaning up from a party for kids. They fled the home before the blaze could trap them.

Flames and water destroyed most of the home and valuables inside.

The Red Cross is assisting the family.

Investigators have not said what sparked the fire.

Copyright © 2021 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.