* 1 (16-ounce) can fruit cocktail, undrained (see Options)
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
* 1/4 cup cold water
* 1 (16-ounce) pound cake, cut into 1-inch slices
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. In a disposable 8-inch square aluminum pan, combine fruit cocktail (with its juice), brown sugar, and cinnamon; mix well and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water. Place fruit mixture in aluminum pan on grill and heat through, stirring occasionally.
4. When hot, add cornstarch mixture and stir for 5 to 7 minutes, until it starts to bubble and thicken slightly.
5. Place pound cake slices on grill to warm, if desired (about 2 minutes per side). Remove cake to a serving platter and spoon fruit mixture onto cake slices.
No fruit cocktail on hand? Go ahead and use a 16-ounce can of peaches or pears instead.
Mr. Food, OOH IT'S SO GOOD!! and the Mr. Food likeness are trademarks of Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. Copyright 2010 by Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.