Nursing home fire injures cop, firefighter

MAPLE SHADE, NEW JERSEY - November 4, 2010

The blaze started about 11:00 on Wednesday night, at the Sterling Manor Center in Maple Shade, Burlington County.

Police, firefighters and other emergency workers evacuated about 115 residents.

The fire started in a basement dryer and quickly spread.

Six fire companies rushed to the scene

They managed to get the fire under control quickly.

All the residents got out safely, but a firefighter was sent to the hospital with burns, and a police officer was also taken to the hospital with smoke inhalation.

Officials at the scene said the injuries did not appear to be life-threatening.

The residents will stay at other nursing facilities until officials okay their return to Sterling Manor

Copyright © 2020 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.