The blaze started about 11:00 on Wednesday night, at the Sterling Manor Center in Maple Shade, Burlington County.
Police, firefighters and other emergency workers evacuated about 115 residents.
The fire started in a basement dryer and quickly spread.
Six fire companies rushed to the sceneThey managed to get the fire under control quickly.
All the residents got out safely, but a firefighter was sent to the hospital with burns, and a police officer was also taken to the hospital with smoke inhalation.
Officials at the scene said the injuries did not appear to be life-threatening.
The residents will stay at other nursing facilities until officials okay their return to Sterling Manor