'Bug Bombs' blamed for senior center evacuation

EMMAUS, Pa. (AP) - November 5, 2010

The Morning Call reported on its website that hazardous materials specialists and firefighters were stunned by the intense fumes coming from a second-floor room of the East Penn Place home and evacuated the entire floor late Wednesday night.

But firefighters quickly learned, the newspaper reported on its website late Thursday, that a resident had set off several insect foggers in his apartment and that caused the incident which set off smoke alarms.

No one was hurt and most residents returned home, but some rooms must be cleaned.

---

Information from: The Morning Call

Copyright © 2019 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.