Man suffers burns in Camden fire

CAMDEN, N.J. - December 26, 2010

Flames broke out just after 11:00 p.m. Saturday in a home on the 2900 block of Carmen Street.

Arriving firefighters were met with heavy black smoke pouring from the front of the home and flames shooting from the rear of the house. Firefighters battled the blaze, which caused minor smoke and water damage to neighboring homes as well.

The homeowner, identified only as a man in his 60's, was taken to Cooper University Hospital with burns to his hands and face. He was later transferred to Temple University Hospital's Burn Center.

His wife was taken to Our Lady of Lourdes for minor smoke inhalation and is in listed good condition.

No word yet on what sparked the fire.

Copyright © 2019 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.