Fire officials say the accident happened Sunday afternoon at a Kimberly-Clark facility in Chester that produces tissues and paper towels. The man was hospitalized with second-degree burns.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports the man was refueling the tank when he noticed a leak. Chester Fire Department Battalion Chief Jack Gresch says the man was shutting down the propane when it flashed on him and the tank ruptured.
Gresch says firefighters used foam to put out the fire in about five minutes. The forklift was destroyed.
Kimberly-Clark personnel did not immediately return a telephone message from the newspaper.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com