Flames broke out just before daybreak Saturday inside the Newport Terrace Apartments in Newport.
Firefighters rushed to the complex on the 100 block of Eathan Lane ... and brought the blaze under control in less than a half hour.
Investigators say the fire has left almost 50 residents with no place to live. How long those people will be displaced is not known yet.
One person suffering from smoke inhalation was transported to Christiana Hospital.
Firefighters are trying to figure out what sparked the fire.