Flames erupt inside Center City apartment building

CENTER CITY - November 6, 2011

It happened around 5:30 a.m. on the 100 block of 12th Street.

The three story building houses a pizza parlor on the first floor and several apartments on the upper levels.

Officers arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the upper floors. Several people were evacuated from the building.

Parts of nearby Chestnut Street were briefly shutdown while fire crews placed the flames under control.

No injuries were reported but the Red Cross is assisting three people affected by the fire.

Investigators are still unsure what sparked the blaze.

Copyright © 2023 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.