Woman rescued by neighbors in Camden blaze

CAMDEN, N.J. - November 28, 2011

The fire broke out around 10:20 p.m. Sunday on the 2800 block of Washington Street.

Neighbors were able to free the woman before firefighters arrived.

Fire crews reported heavy flames coming from at least one of the apartments upon arrival.

They say a high tension wire initially prevented them from getting close to the fire.

Officials were able to douse the flames within 30 minutes.

No injuries were reported but police say four families were displaced.

Investigators are still unsure what sparked the blaze.

Copyright © 2022 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.