Fire officials say they had to hoist the 22-year-old man by rope from the chimney of his house in southwest Lubbock early Monday.
Deputy Fire Marshal Robert Loveless tells the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal that the man and his family were locked out of their house. Loveless says the man, wanting to save the price of a locksmith, decided to enter the house through the chimney as his wife and child waited outside around 1 a.m. Monday.
Loveless says the man's wife called 911 after he became stuck. Firefighters hauled him out about an hour later. He was not injured.