NJ man who overdosed at party to get $4M

SADDLE RIVER, N.J. - December 23, 2011

Scott Simon says he suffered permanent nerve damage after taking Xanax given to him by a former employee of a Ridgewood drug store at a party in 2007.

Simon, who was 17 at the time, claimed he went into a coma and other guests drove him to a hospital instead of calling for help.

Simon's attorney, John Schepisi, tells The Record newspaper The Saddle River resident can't walk without help and has been declared incompetent.

Simon sued the pharmacy for not taking proper precautions to avoid theft of drugs. He also sued the party's host and his parents, along with several guests.

All of them will contribute toward the settlement.

___

Information from: The Record, http://www.northjersey.com

Copyright © 2019 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.