1. Buy in Bulk: Did you know 8 different major theater chains are slashing the prices of tickets if you buy in bulk? A website called bulktix.com offers four-packs where you save up to $3 off each ticket.
2. Warehouse Deals: Some club stores, like Costco, offer tickets for less than your local theater's admission prices.
3. Credit Card Perks: Call your credit card company to see if they are offering any promotions. For instance, Chase Freedom offers cardholders two tickets for the price of one, Visa Signature offers 20% when you spend more than $25 on fandango, and several cards, like American Express, let you use your points to buy tickets.
4. Be Loyal! If you join free loyalty clubs at movie theatre chains you can earn points for free tickets and popcorn. AMC theaters' MovieWatcher Rewards program and the Regal Crown Club are just a few.
5. Be an Early Bird: Take advantage of matinees! Some chains also offer unique discounts. AMC offers half off tickets all day Monday through Thursday or before noon on Friday through Sunday.