Police, EMS crews overcome by fumes in Delco. hazmat

ASTON, Pa. - August 25, 2013

It happened around 11:00 Sunday morning at a trailer inside the Village Green Mobile Home Park on 2nd Avenue.

Authorities say an elderly couple called police to check on their daughter, who they were not able to get in contact with.

When crews entered the home, they were met with a strong chemical odor.

"We determined that for the safety of the officers and EMS personnel to back out and contact hazmat personnel to come in and clear the scene to make it safe for all EMS and officers," said Chief Dan Ruggieri, Aston Police Department.

The officers were treated at the scene.

It is presumed that the woman died inside the home.

Hazmat crews have since made the area safe again for residents.

Copyright © 2020 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.