Amber Alert for girl cancelled in Newark, Delaware

NEWARK, Del. - September 26, 2013

The Amber Alert was cancelled at 2:45 p.m. Thursday. It had been issued on Tuesday night.

The alert was sent out after children reported seeing a man pull a girl into an SUV.

Investigators earlier said they were no reports of missing children.

Police also said they couldn't rule out the possibility a parent pulled the child into the vehicle.

The New Castle County Police will continue an investigation into the circumstances surrounding this incident.

Copyright © 2021 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.