Dog alerts Berks County couple to house on fire

KUTZTOWN, Pa. - November 9, 2013

The flames ignited along the 100 block of Wentz Street in Kutztown early Saturday morning.

The dog began barking which woke up a man and a woman who were sleeping inside.

The couple was injured but they made it out alive and are expected to fully recover.

Unfortunately though, officials believe the dog died in the blaze along with a cat.

Investigators believe unattended cooking was the source of the fire.

Copyright © 2022 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.