2 children, 2 adults hospitalized after Bucks carbon monoxide leak

WPVI logo
Sunday, March 1, 2015
VIDEO: CO leak
EMBED <>More Videos

Police are investigating a carbon monoxide leak in Plumstead, Pa.

PLUMSTEAD, Pa. (WPVI) -- A carbon monoxide leak inside a Buck County home sent two adults and two children to the hospital.

Police were called to the home near Alder and Winterberry drives in Plumstead around 1:00 a.m. Sunday.

Arriving emergency crews pulled one person from the house.

Two children were flown to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Two adults were flown to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.

Initial reports indicated a carbon monoxide alarm was activated, however, officials say that was not the case.

The Plumstead police chief says the family had no working heat or electric in the home; they were running a generator inside.

Firefighters on the scene did detect elevated levels of carbon monoxide.

The readings were 565 parts per million, which the police chief says is in the "deadly" range if someone is exposed to it for too long.