Fire causes CO to leak in businesses in Norristown

Officials say an underground fire filled several businesses in Norristown, Pennsylvania with carbon monoxide early Friday morning.

Fire crews were called around midnight to investigate a CO leak on Main Street near Swede Street.

High levels of CO were detected in several of the businesses on the block.

Fire causes CO to leak in businesses in Norristown

Shutterstock



Crews determined that a fire that started under a street light caused the CO leak.

Main Street was closed as crews worked, but has since reopened.
Copyright © 2022 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.