Officials say they were taken to Jefferson Torresdale Hospital with smoke inhalation and burns. One of the burn victims was then transferred to the Temple Burn Center at Temple University Hospital for treatment.
Judy Langsdorf of Bristol Township woke up early this morning, her teenaged neighbor in shorts at her door.
"He banged on our door this morning and said his house was on fire. So I called 911," she said.
The fire started around 5 a.m. Wednesday on the 1100 block of Edgely Avenue.
Crews arrived to find fire and smoke coming from the basement and first floor.
Bristol Township Fire Marshal Kevin Dippolito said, "They were confronted with a lot of fire. Basement, first floor, second floor and it was clearly on its way up to the attic."
Officials say the fire started on a couch in the basement, but what actually ignited the couch is under investigation.
As the family members healed at the hospital, neighbors, even complete strangers like Vernon Thomas, tried to think of ways to help.
"I've been in a house fire before and I know what it's like. You come out with what's on your back and that's that. I just figured I'd do the best I can, and the neighbors down there are digging up their clothes," said Thomas.
There were working smoke alarms inside the house.
Send a News Tip to Action News
Learn More About 6abc Apps