Sweetener in some peanut butters may be toxic to dogs

Many people put peanut butter in treats or to give their dog pills, but experts say you may want to read the label first.

Kansas State University says the sweetener xylitol is showing up in some pricier brands of peanut butter.

But it can be toxic to a dog if they get too much, causing low blood sugar or liver failure.

The university veterinarians say so far, it isn't in the big-name brands.

To be safe, try cheese or bread to give your dog pills.
Related topics: