These films will be separated in various categories based on genre, setting, and more.
There are the categories for the 2018 Film Festival:
- Opening Night
- Closing Night
- Masters of Cinema - These new films exemplify the masterly work of world-renowned filmmakers as they continue to thrill and inspire audiences with cutting-edge features.
- World Narratives - Explore the world through film with this diverse selection of international cinema that features distinct perspectives and images from around the globe.
- American Independents - Featuring powerful new voices in American cinema, these fresh, gritty films explore a variety of subjects through the filmmaker's uncompromising vision.
- Documentary Showcase - Comprising the best in documentary filmmaking these compelling films feature everything from stirring character studies to fascinating looks at current global issues.
- The Graveyard Shift - Horror, action, suspense, and the downright weird, these films will keep you awake during the graveyard shift.
- Greater Filmadelphia - Featuring work from our finest homegrown filmmakers, this category brings our city and its talent to the big screen.
- New French Films - The original language of cinema, French remains the dominant tongue in some of the world's funniest and most daring, sexy and unique films.
- Sight and Soundtrack - Featuring rockumentaries, musician biopics and films centered on the unifying power of music.
- From the Vaults - Film history comes alive as it was meant to be seen -- on the big screen! Come see old favorites larger than life one again.
- Spanish Language & Latin American Cinema Now - Offering gripping stories and unique perspectives, these Spanish-language films explore a multitude of subjects.
- Feast - A delightful tasting menu highlighting contemporary culinary stories from around the globe
The 2018 Philadelphia Film Festival runs October 18 to 28.
For more information: http://filmadelphia.org/
Send a News Tip to Action News
Learn More About 6abc Apps