CHICAGO -- A man has been treated for smoke inhalation after a propane tank exploded during an event at Chicago's Soldier Field.
The Chicago Tribune reports the Saturday afternoon incident occurred at a tent where the 60-year-old man was working. It sent smoke billowing into the air and prompted officials to urge people to evacuate.
A police spokesman says the man is in good condition at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. No other injuries have been reported.
Eighteen-year-old Dyamond Jones was volunteering at the Autism Speaks Walk at Soldier Field when he said he saw a small grease fire start on a grill inside a food tent. He says the tent went up in flames right before he heard something explode. Jones says "everybody was just running."
The injured man was not identified.
Send a News Tip to Action News
Learn More About 6abc Apps
1 hurt in propane tank explosion at Chicago's Soldier Field