WILMINGTON, Del. (WPVI) -- Two women escaped a kitchen fire inside a Wilmington, Delaware house Saturday morning.
The blaze broke out around 7:30 a.m. on the 300 block of Stanton Road.
Firefighters arrived to flames shooting from a one-story house.
Two female residents, ages 55 and 32 were taken to the Christiana Hospital for smoke inhalation.
They are both in stable condition.
The Red Cross also arrived to access the needs.
The fire marshal determined that an electrical wiring malfunctioned in the kitchen, sparking the blaze.