Child loses 3 fingers in microwave explosion in Logan

WPVI logo
Sunday, January 11, 2015
VIDEO: Fire possibly sparked by microwave leaves child injured
Officials say a microwave may have sparked a fire that injured an 8-year-old boy in Logan.
WPVI

LOGAN (WPVI) -- Officials say an 8-year-old boy lost three fingers in when a microwave exploded in his Logan home.

It happened around 3:00 p.m. in the 1300 block of Windrim Avenue.

Authorities say the child put an unknown object into the microwave which caused the explosion.

The boy suffered burns to his hand and lost three fingers. He taken to St. Christopher's Hospital in serious condition.

The fire was brought under control within 10 minutes.