10 sickened in Delaware County CO leak, heater blamed

TINICUM TWP., Pa. (WPVI) -- A faulty heater is to blame for a carbon monoxide leak that sent ten people to the hospital in Tinicum Township, Delaware County.

The incident began at 12:10 p.m. Wednesday at a building located at 2 Scott Way in the Scott Plaza.

Police say a faulty heater caused high levels of carbon monoxide in the building.

PHOTOS: Several sickened in Delaware Co. CO leak


Ten people were taken to Taylor Hospital and Chester Crozer Medical Center for treatment.

The building was evacuated as crews worked to ventilate the space.

The all-clear was given around 1:50 p.m. and people were allowed back inside.

The heater has been red-tagged for service.
Copyright © 2021 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.