Fire Marshal Timothy Schuck said the fire was "not intentionally" set and it was "accidental."
Schuck said it was difficult to determine a cause because of the extent of damage and a large section of the structure collapsed.
Crews were called around 6:30 a.m. Oct. 18 to the club on the 1600 block of Limekiln Pike in Glenside for reports of smoke coming from the basement.
Arriving firefighters were met with smoke and flames coming from the facility and quickly called in a second alarm.
The historic building, which opened in 1912, according to the club's website, has been renovated several times in recent years.
But after the blaze, it is considered a total loss.
Initial reports stated a person had been hospitalized, but Action News was later informed no one was hurt.