In Pennsylvania, there were more than 485,000 winners of nearly $13 million in the August 23 Powerball drawing - including one $2 million winner and four winners of $1 million, including in Bucks, Lehigh, and Lancaster counties.
The winning ticket worth $2 million matched five of the white balls drawn and was purchased with the Power Play option, which boosted the prize to $2 million instead of $1 million. That ticket was sold by Fresh & Quick, 245 Main Street in Catawissa, Columbia County.
The four $1 million winning tickets matched five of the five white balls drawn, and were sold by the following retailers:
- Marathon, 100 E. 7th Ave., Tarentum, Allegheny County;
- 7-Eleven, 1483 W. Street Road, Warminster, Bucks County;
- Darrenkamp's Market, 945 E. Main St., Mount Joy, Lancaster County; and
- Weis Markets, 365 S. Cedar Crest Blvd., Allentown, Lehigh County.
Two New Jersey Lottery tickets were sold that matched the five white balls, winning the $1,000,000 second prize. In addition, 26 New Jersey Lottery tickets were sold that matched the four white balls and the Powerball drawn, winning the $50,000 third prize. Two of those tickets were purchased with Power Play, multiplying the prize to $200,000.
Washington Township, Mt. Laurel, and Cherry Hill were among the locations where winning tickets were sold.
The full list of New Jersey locations:
- Cumberland County ($1,000,000): L and K Petroleums, 3890 Route 47, Dorchester;
- Passaic County ($1,000,000): W & R Mini Market and Deli, 94 Nagle St., Paterson;
- Monmouth County ($200,000): Plaza Convenience & Deli, 2459 Highway 33,Neptune;
- Passaic County ($200,000): 7-Eleven #39776, 51 Willowbrook Blvd., Wayne;
- Atlantic County ($50,000): Smitty's Liquor Store, 45 South New York Ave., Galloway;
- Bergen County ($50,000): Quench Wine & Spirits, 2450 Lemoine Ave., Fort Lee;
- Bergen County ($50,000): Township Stationery, 299A Pascack Rd., Washington Twp.;
- Burlington County ($50,000): WAWA #718, 720 South Church St., Mt. Laurel;
- Camden County ($50,000): Country Farm Convenience, 10 East Kings Hwy, Mt. Ephraim;
- Camden County ($50,000): WAWA #8311, 1824 Marlton Pike, Cherry Hill;
- Essex County ($50,000): Krauszers Liquor Locker, 645 Bloomfield Ave., Verona;
- Essex County ($50,000): Quick Mart Food Store, 172 South Livingston Ave., Livingston;
- Essex County ($50,000): Ralph's Liquors, 65-67 Elizabeth Ave., Newark;
- Essex County ($50,000): Valero Fairfield, 650 Route 46 E., Fairfield;
- Hudson County ($50,000): Fiji 24 Hours Food Store, 2913 Bergenline Ave., Union City;
- Hudson County ($50,000): Quick Check #80, 400 Bergen St., Harrison;
- Hudson County ($50,000): Universal Liquors, 2117 Bergenline Ave., Union City;
- Hunterdon County ($50,000): TMF Mart LLC, 429 Route 513, Califon;
- Mercer County ($50,000): Krauszer's, 234 Dorchester Dr., East Windsor;
- Middlesex County ($50,000): ACME #2827, 3500 Route 9 S., Old Bridge;
- Monmouth County ($50,000): 7-Eleven #11037 (N), 326 Morristown Rd., Matawan;
- Morris County ($50,000): 7-Eleven #39300, 99 Ridgedale Ave., Cedar Knolls;
- Morris County ($50,000): Quick Chek #159, 1268 Route 23, Butler;
- Morris County ($50,000): Quick Stop Food Market, 1446 Route 46 Troy Hills, Parsippany;
- Ocean County ($50,000): Manahawkin Exxon, 555 Route 72 East Ave., Manahawkin;
- Ocean County ($50,000): Quick Food Mart, 250 Route 9, Barnegat;
- Sussex County ($50,000): 7-Eleven #11472 (N), 33 Pine Cone Ln., Sparta; and
- Union County ($50,000): Jiordy Mini Market, 461-465 Spring St., Elizabeth.
The lucky numbers from Wednesday night's drawing were 6, 7, 16, 23 and 26, and the Powerball number was 4.
The Powerball jackpot for Saturday, August 26, reset to a $40 million annuity value or a $25.3 million cash prize.
Send a breaking news alert
Report a correction or typo
Learn more about the 6abc apps