3 homes evacuated in Frankford after CO detected

EMBED </>More Videos

A carbon monoxide investigation in the Frankford section of Philadelphia forced officials to evacuated three homes.

A carbon monoxide investigation in the Frankford section of Philadelphia forced officials to evacuated three homes.

The incident happened past 2:30 a.m. Tuesday on the 4300 block of Potter Street.

Police say a carbon monoxide detector woke up an elderly couple, and the fumes were coming from a neighbor's house.

The neighbors were reportedly running a portable generator that malfunctioned.

Medics checked out one of the residents at the scene.

Fire crews evacuated all the residents and began ventilating the homes.

PGW was also called to the scene.

Officials say no injuries were reported, and residents should be able to return to their homes shortly.

Related Topics:
evacuationcarbon monoxidephilly newsNortheast Philadelphia
(Copyright ©2018 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.)