NEWARK, Del. (WPVI) -- The fire marshal has determined that a fire that forced several residents from their apartments in Newark, Delaware was accidental.
The blaze started around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Foxwood Apartments in the unit block of Fox Hall.
Crews arrived and quickly went to work, getting the fire under control within a little more than a half hour.
Officials say the fire originated in a second floor apartment, and was caused by a candle.
The fire caused approximately $100,000 in damages.
There were no injuries reported, but two cats perished in the fire.
The Red Cross was called to assist more than a dozen residents.
More TOP STORIES News