California woman dies after natural supplement injection

ENCINITAS, Ca. (WPVI) -- A Southern California woman died after a natural supplement was injected into her veins.

The San Diego County medical examiner says a preliminary autopsy shows Jade Erick had an adverse reaction to an infused turmeric solution delivered intravenously.

Her autopsy also indicated she had food allergies that may have contributed to her death.

Turmeric is often used as a holistic treatment for arthritis, type-two diabetes and other ailments.
------

Copyright © 2019 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.