RUNNEMEDE, N.J. (WPVI) -- Two family dogs are credited with saving the life of a homeowner after her house went up in flames in Runnemede, New Jersey.
The blaze broke out around 2 a.m. Friday on the unit block of South Read Avenue.
"The lady was screaming," said neighbor Tracie Pierce. "And we came out, and the house was in flames."
Neighbor Terri Zasada shot video of the fire on her phone.
"There were a lot of police and fire department all over the place just running the hoses up to the house to put the fire out," Zasada told Action News.
Fire officials say the woman who lives in the home was awakened by her dogs.
Authorities say the woman and both dogs made it safely out of the home.
"I went down to see if she needed anything. I gave her my dog's leash because she had the dogs by the collar," said Pierce.
Fire officials are still trying to pinpoint the cause of the fire.
More TOP STORIES News