Hazmat investigation in Manayunk

MANAYUNK (WPVI) -- Some residents in Manayunk are being told to shelter in place because of a hazmat situation.

The fire department responded to Shurs Lane near Cresson Street around 2:10 p.m. Wednesday when a chemical began leaking from drums inside a truck.

Action News is told they're filled with potassium hydroxide which is commonly used in household cleaners.

It can be dangerous if it's ingested.

No injuries have been reported.
Copyright © 2021 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.