Dog recovering after eating owner's leather boots

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) -- Vince, a 4-year-old mixed breed dog, is recovering after veterinarians say he ate a pair of his owner's boots.

The dog ate the boots on Friday.

X-rays showed metal eyelets and pieces of leather inside the pup's stomach.



Doctors at the Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center in South Philadelphia say it's a problem they see too often.

"Leather is particularly appealing to dogs but we've seen dogs eat different things as well - forks, spoons, baby pacifiers, toys- a variety of different things," Dr. Laura Tseng.

On Saturday, Vince underwent surgery and is now on the mend.

He should be able to return home within the next few days.
Copyright © 2019 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.