Samsung phone blamed for Ohio house blaze

An Ohio woman says her Samsung phone burst into flames while charging.

It left parts of her bedroom charred.

The Samsung S-7 Edge was shattered, but still intact.

Danielle Boutilier says the phone had been overheating since she bought it two months ago.

She mailed the phone to Samsung asking for a new one, but she says they sent it back.

Her phone is now with her insurance company.

She is waiting to hear from Samsung.
Copyright © 2021 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.