1 dead from smoke inhalation after Trenton house fire

The flames spread to two neighboring homes.
TRENTON, New Jersey (WPVI) -- One person is dead after a fire broke out Sunday night at a home in Trenton, New Jersey.

Firefighters contended with snow and ice while dousing the fire in the 300 block of Genesee Street which started around 10:30 p.m.

The flames spread to two neighboring homes.

Officials say firefighters pulled two squatters from the home where the fire started.

Action News is told one person died from smoke inhalation. The second person is in stable condition.

Those living in the neighboring homes were able to escape unharmed. Seven people were displaced.

MORE TOP STORIES:

Copyright © 2022 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.