STATE COLLEGE, Pa. --A central Pennsylvania coroner says a Penn State student from Bucks County who fell off the roof of a home died of electrocution.
State College police said 21-year-old Shannon Mathers of Warrington grabbed a high-voltage wire when she and friends were on the roof of the three-story home Friday.
She was taken to Mount Nittany Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead.
Coroner Scott Sayers said after an autopsy Saturday that she fell onto the sidewalk after trying to reach the line which was close to the roof. The death is being called accidental.
Centre LifeLink EMS paramedic and supervisor Frank Cianfrani said Mathers was studying bio-behavioral health and was also a volunteer EMT.