WILMINGTON, Del. (WPVI) --An 87-year-old man is in critical condition after being rescued from a fire that started in the garage of his home in Wilmington, Delaware.
Flames started shooting from the home on the unit block of Belmont Drive after 10 p.m. Monday.
Arriving firefighters were able to rescue the victim as smoke filled the 2-story home.
Medics rushed him to Christiana Hospital, and he was later transferred to Crozer-Chester Medical Center in critical condition.
The Delaware State Fire Marshal has determined the blaze was caused by some kind of malfunction in the engine of a vehicle that was parked in the garage.
The fire caused more than $100,000 in damage.
Send a breaking news alert
Report a correction or typo
Learn more about the 6abc apps