CENTER CITY --Three children suffered an electrical shock at a pool in Center City Philadelphia on Friday afternoon.
The incident happened at the O'Connor Pool, a city pool at 26th and South streets, shortly after 1 p.m.
Police say there were a total of 12 children in the pool at the time.
The power was shut off and lifeguards rescued them.
The three children shocked were last reported to be in stable condition at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
There were workmen at the pool at the time of the incident, Parks and Rec officials say, working on a motor.
It's not known if that work led to the shock.
One woman, whose daughter is a counselor there, described what her daughter saw.
"One of the young kids grabbed the ladder to step out of the pool when he initially got shocked and then his sister came over, I guess to help him, and the current went through her."
One family told Action News they felt several shocks over the past month, but Parks and Recreation Commissioner Susan Slawson said this was the first she's heard of the problem.
Slawson said the pool would be closed until it can be determined what happened.