Carbon monoxide leak sickens 6 in Germantown

EMBED </>More Videos

Gas leak sickens 6 in Germantown (WPVI)

A carbon monoxide leak sickened four adults and two children in Philadelphia's Germantown section.

Officials say a sewage leak ran up through the homeowner's appliances, contaminating the air.

Two adjoining homes had to be evacuated on the 800 block of East Stafford Street around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.

The fire department ventilated the houses and CO levels are once again back to normal.

No one was seriously hurt.
------
Send a breaking news alert to Action News
Report a correction or typo
Want to comment?
Learn more about the 6abc apps
Related Topics:
philly newscarbon monoxidegas leak
(Copyright ©2018 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.)