New information on the death of Nadia Malik

PHILADELPHIA - March 4, 2014

The body of 22-year-old Nadia Malik was found inside a parked car near 30th Street Station more than one week ago.

Her brother, Khaled Malik, spoke to Action News on Tuesday and shared his concerns about his sister's death.

"There was no sign of foul play, but there are other things that could be done to take someone's life," said Khaled Malik.

The mother of two from Broomall had been missing since February 9th. Her body was discovered in the front passenger seat of her Nissan Altima 11 days later.

The car had been towed to 30th Street near Market from 23rd and Market where it was first ticketed on the morning of February 10th.

A mixture of parking authority and police tickets were issued in the days before her body was finally discovered.

She was last seen in the company of her ex-boyfriend, Bhupinder Singh, the father of her two children.

Her family says they had a long history of domestic conflict, and they believe he caused her disappearance and death.

He was arrested in Ohio and brought back to Delaware County on a parole violation.

"There was only one set of keys to the car, and when he was arrested, he had the keys on him," said Khaled Malik. "When Philadelphia Police found the car on 30th Street in front of the IRS building, the car was locked. There were no other keys cut to that car."

Also found in the car were 6 prescription pill bottles, 3 of them empty, all belonging to Singh.

Malik's family transcribed nearly 70 pages of text messages allegedly from Singh trying to prove Malik was still alive and with him.

"There was nothing but on-and-on lies," said Khaled. "Even on Sunday he text messaged, 'She is safe and happy. Stop making me look like a criminal. I would never harm her,' from his cell phone."

Khaled Malik said Singh constantly asked the Malik family for money in exchange for Nadia's return.

Malik's family also said Singh sent a text message saying, "Look I will give her again. I will give you her location, just give me the number." They say he was referring to the reference number for the money transfer.

Her family believes it was all a ruse by Singh.

So far, Marple Township police have not charged Singh in the missing person case.

Philadelphia Police have yet to file any charges. Action News reached out to Singh's lawyer. He has not returned our calls.

Singh remains in the Delaware County prison.

Philadelphia detectives are handling the investigation into Nadia Malik's death. They expect more to be revealed concerning her death when the autopsy is completed in about three weeks.

Copyright © 2024 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.