- Non-perishable foods like ready-to-eat canned meat, fruits, and vegetables and canned juices can provide essential nutrients.
- Vitamins will help replace nutrients you would have eaten on a normal diet.
- Be sure to have staples like sugar, salt, pepper and spices. A basic supply of seasoning and sweeteners will improve the flavor of both fresh and packaged food.
- High-energy foods like nuts and trail mix are healthy and convenient for snacking. Get energy bars and granola bars, which are an excellent source of carbohydrates.
- It's very important to have enough food for infants.
- Comfort foods are good to have around when you're stuck indoors for a long period of time.
Click here for the latest tropical weather news.
MORE HURRICANE & SEVERE WEATHER EXPLAINERS: