Car catches fire in garage, flames spread to apartments

EMBED </>More Videos

Garage fire forces family to evacuate apartment. Tamala Edwards reports during Action News Mornings on January 9, 2018. (WPVI)

Fire forced a family to evacuate an apartment above a burning garage in North Philadelphia.

Officials say a car ignited the blaze at the Shannon Cab Company on the 3100 block of North Front Street around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday.

The car was parked inside the garage. The fire spread to apartments above the business.

No one inside the building was hurt.
Send a breaking news alert to Action News
Report a correction or typo
Want to comment?
Learn more about the 6abc apps
Related Topics:
philadelphia newscar firefiregarage fireapartment fireapartments evacuatedNorth Philadelphia
(Copyright ©2018 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.)