Trash in basement ignites blaze inside Frankford house

Officials say trash found in a basement caused a house fire in Philadelphia's Frankford section early Tuesday morning.

Firefighters arrived around 1:45 a.m. to the 4200 block of Paul Street.

Crews were met with a light haze of smoke throughout the house.

They quickly found the source of the blaze which was trash in the basement area.

The fire was quickly placed under control.

All the residents got out of the house safely.
Related Topics:
house firephilly newsfireNortheast Philadelphia
(Copyright ©2018 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.)