Fresh Express issued a recall for a limited number of cases of Organic Marketside Spring Mix sold at Walmart.
The recall was issued after a dead bat was found in a package of salad purchased in Florida.
Officials say two people ate the salad before the bat was found in the package.
They have been tested for rabies.
Recalled Product Details:
- Organic Marketside Spring Mix - 5 oz. clear container
- Production Code of G089B19 and best-if-used-by date of APR 14 2017, located on the top label
- UPC Code of 6 8113132897 5 located on the bottom of the container next to the bar code
The company says the salads were sold mainly in southern states.
Fresh Express says consumers who may have already purchased the recalled product should discard and not consume it.
A full refund is available where purchased or by calling the Fresh Express Consumer Response Center toll-free at (800) 242-5472 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Eastern Time.
ONLINE: MORE INFORMATION
- Send a breaking news alert to Action News
- Report a correction or typo
- Learn more about the 6abc family of apps