Fire in elevator shaft at St. Charles Seminary

A small fire occurred in an elevator shaft at the St. Charles Borromeo Seminary where Pope Francis was staying Saturday night.

The blaze broke out around 10:47 p.m. on the 100 block of East Wynnewood Road in Lower Merion, Pennsylvania.

The fire was in the elevator shaft inside the kitchen and was quickly extinguished.

The situation was placed under control in less than twenty minutes.

Pope Francis was not in any danger or hurt.

The blaze also did not do any significant damage to the building.

Police say foul play was not suspected.
Related Topics:
religionfirepope francispa. newsLower Merion Township
(Copyright ©2018 WPVI-TV. All Rights Reserved.)