Four found dead in Monroe County home

February 9, 2008 8:23:51 PM PST
Four men were found dead in a house in Monroe County this afternoon, and authorities suspect that they were killed by carbon monoxide poisoning. The bodies were found in a home in Winona Lakes in Middle Smithfield Township. State police in Swiftwater say emergency crews were called after a relative found the men unresponsive at about 4:30 p.m.

The house had no electricity, and a gas-powered generator was running in the basement. Bill Rake, assistant chief of Marshalls Creek Volunteer Fire Department, says there were high levels of carbon monoxide in the house.

The victims were found in the living room. Their names have not been released pending notification of relatives. Police decline to say whether the men were related or to estimate their ages.

Neighbors say the house had been vacant for three years, but there had been cars in the driveway over the last few days.

---

Information from: Pocono Record, http://www.poconorecord.com/


Load Comments