Cooking Time: 20 min
18 frozen dinner roll dough balls, thawed but still cold (see Notes)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
1. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Cut dinner roll dough balls in half. Press 1-1/2 pieces together and form a flat circle, about 2 inches wide. Place a heaping teaspoon of cranberries in center of dough circle; bring edges together and pinch tightly to close. Shape into a round roll and place on baking sheet; repeat with remaining roll dough.
3. Cover rolls with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Remove wrap from rolls and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden; let cool.
5. In a medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients until smooth. Spoon into a small resealable plastic storage bag. Cut a small corner off bag and make a cross with glaze on each bun. Let glaze harden then serve, or cover loosely until ready to serve.
Makes 1 dozen buns.
*If you cannot find this dough in your supermarket freezer case, you can use 2 (1-pound) packages frozen bread dough; just thaw and cut it into 9 pieces each.