The blaze broke out around 1:00 a.m. on the 200 block of Powell Avenue.
Firefighters arrived to flames showing throughout the 2-story house.
Three adults were inside the home but managed to escape. They were taken to area hospitals to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Two were released while one is being kept for observation.
The fire was discovered when the home smoke detector activated, investigators say, which alerted the homeowners.
The home was a total loss.
The fire was determined to have been started by a faulty electrical cord in a rec room.