Explosion blows out window at house in Somerton; 1 injured

August 22, 2013 1:34:19 AM PDT
An explosion at a home in the Somerton section of Philadelphia has left one man injured.

It happened just after 8:00 p.m. Wednesday in the 2000 block of Foster Street.

Investigators say the 40-year-old homeowner told them he was cleaning his gas stove when he lit a cigarette.

That spark caused a flash fire that put holes in the walls and blew out the large living room window.

The debris of brick and glass landed right on the owner's car, which was in the driveway.

He suffered second degree burns to his face and hands.

He was transported to Temple University Hospital where investigators plan to speak to him more.

No other injuries were reported.


Load Comments