6 rescued in Chester fire, propane tank explosion likely cause

Click to watch the report from Action News
January 8, 2014 8:29:05 PM PST
Six people were rescued from a burning house in Chester, Delaware County Wednesday night.

The two alarm fire broke out in a vacant two story house around 6:30 p.m. in the 1400 block of Perkins Street.

The fire then spread to an occupied home.

Chester firefighters and neighbors rescued six people from the house.

Officials believe the fire was caused by a propane tank explosion.

No injuries were reported.

The fire was brought under control in an hour.


Load Comments